(Updated May 23 2018)
Use of your personal information
1. When you register and use this site:
- You will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, contact details and possibly credit card or other payment details. We will not store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
(a) to register you with our website and to manage any account you hold with us.
(b) to administer our website services.
(c) to fulfil our agreement with you and to process your order and obtain payment.
(d) to analyse and profile your shopping preferences e.g. (market, customer and product analysis) to enable us (i) to provide you with personalised promotional offers (ii) to review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme.
(e) we may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products and/or services which we think will interest you from the information we have.
(f) we may keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions, and so on) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods: (Due to GDPR regulations these lines of communication will only be used if you have opted in to receiving such details.)
- SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
- Or otherwise
(g) to administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
3. If you do not wish to receive information of products and services which may be of interest to you from us, please select the opt-out option where appropriate. Or contact us at [email protected]
4. We may engage third party payment providers to administer and process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through the website. This will be with either PayPal or Stripe, who have exceptional security.
5. We may store and process your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process your information on our behalf.
Disclosure of your information
6. We may give information about you to the following companies and organisations who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
(a) to anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
(b) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
7. In carrying out the activities specified in this policy, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation you should be aware that countries outside the European Economic Area may not offer the same level of protection of personal data.
7. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, other retailers and to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way. Without limitation to the foregoing, we may disclose any information and data relating to you to the police or any regulatory or government authority including and not limited to law enforcement agencies in response to a request in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
9. We are required to provide you with clear and comprehensive information about the cookies which we use on the site and to obtain your consent to the use of the cookies. In order to comply with these requirements we have prepared a cookies policy setting out information about cookies, detailing the cookies we use and providing information on how to manage cookies on your computer.
11. We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
12. For further information about the steps we take to protect your information and make online shopping as secure as possible, please see information on Secure online shopping.
13. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee (see Contact us below).
14. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please Contact Us.
15. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
How can I get my name removed from the online-by-design.com mailing list?
16. If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to [email protected] with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe.
How do I change any details stored on online-by-design.com?
17. To change any of your registered details on www.online-by-design.com, click on 'Sign in' and enter your login name and password. Once logged in change any of the details shown and click 'update my details'. For further information about shopping on online-by-design.com, please read our Terms & conditions.
Changes to policy